Back to Top
Improving Performance Amid the Deluge of Data (and Change)
Measurement is the name of the game in improving healthcare operations these days, but what to measure, how to measure, and just getting started are real challenges for many organizations.
In the current issue of Modern Healthcare, Kathy VanEnkevort of Truven Health Analytics™, offers her thoughts on these challenges and answers some of the industry's most pressing questions, such as:
- What does "balanced performance" mean and why should hospitals seek it?
- Why is balanced performance important in today's healthcare environment?
- How can organizations prioritize the right initiatives that will drive balanced performance improvement?
- How often should you benchmark?
Back to Top
Integrated Improvement Bundles Now Available
Truven Health Analytics is now offering several new solution bundles with special combined pricing:
- Operational Performance bundle – Addresses financial challenges due to reform and a competitive market landscape
- Complete Performance Optimization bundle – Delivers the Clinical and Operational Performance bundles in one. Great for health systems ready to tackle integrated performance all at once
- Core and eMeasures Reporting bundle – Help hospitals and health systems better manage their regulatory reporting requirements
Ask your Truven Health Analytics representative today to find out how you can bundle and save.
Back to Top
Tips & Tricks
Trial License Agreements for Micromedex® Solutions
Want to leverage the full power of Micromedex Solutions in your facility? Trial licenses are now available for our Basic, Plus, and Complete Clinical Evidence Bundles, as well as for individual modules within the Micromedex Clinical Knowledge and Patient Connect Suites.
Get free, 30-day access to the industry standard for evidence-based disease, drug, toxicology, and neonatal and pediatric information, as well as modules for alternative medicine, formulary, patient and consumer education resources, and more.
Visit micromedex.com/Products/Micromedex-Trial-License-Agreements today.
Back to Top
Now Here! Significant Expansion of Ambulatory CareNotes® Offering
The Right Education for Every Patient at the Right Time
Our new enhancements to Micromedex CareNotes are now available:
- More ambulatory topics to educate and engage a broader patient population
- A new ambulatory care document type designed to address the specific education needs of those patients in an ambulatory care setting
- Easier, time-saving searches for the right ambulatory-specific education at the right time
- Monthly updates to ensure your patients are receiving the most current education and health information available
Visit micromedex.com/carenotes/updates for updates anytime, anywhere.
In the Spotlight
Cardiovascular Hospitals Seize Opportunities and Deliver Value
Congratulations to the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, an annual study that identifies the nation's best providers of cardiovascular services. The study identifies the top U.S. hospitals with the highest-performing cardiovascular service lines in the nation. See who made the list!
According to the results of this year's study, if all cardiovascular providers performed at the level of this year's winners:
- Almost 8,000 additional lives could be saved
- Nearly 3,500 heart patients could be complication free
- More than $1.3 billion could be saved
Winners from the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals also boast higher inpatient survival rates (20 to 33 percent higher), lower readmission rates (one percent lower than peers for heart attacks and heart failure, and fewer complications (8 to 11 percent fewer patients with complications).
The 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals study is available now. Hospitals may also request customized benchmark reports and comparative analysis on the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals. Call 616-248-4645 today, or order your report online.